VideoBIO Recruiter is committed to protecting the integrity and privacy of personal information provided to videoBIO Recruiter’s digital talent interaction platform, both directly or indirectly via integrated services with Employer HRIS or ATS (the “Service”). This policy describes the types of information videoBIO Recruiter collects, and the ways in which videoBIO Recruiter uses and discloses that information.
INFORMATION VIDEOBIO RECRUITER COLLECTS
User-Provided Personal Information: videoBIO Recruiter provides a platform enabling job candidates (“Candidates”), employees (“Employees”) and employers (“Employers”) to engage in a variety of interactive services including interviews, training and evaluation activities. We take great care to only request minimal Personally Identifiable information which includes name and email. All candidate information is identified through a session ID in storage. In using the platform, users may provide information generally called personally identifiable information (“Personally Identifiable Information”). For example, in addition to providing standard profile information, including name, email and other similar information. Job candidates complete a videoBIO Recruiter interview created by a potential employer which can include employment information such as work history, skills, experience, abilities, work style and other responses to questions, and submissions of a variety of types of media including video and / or audio interview, text responses, and similar. We do not use any facial recognition or facial expression analysis in the assessment of interviews. All assessment is derived from the audio-to-text transcription of submitted interviews.
“Cookies” Information: When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. videoBIO Recruiter may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
“Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service.
The way videoBIO recruiter uses information: videoBIO Recruiter may use your personally identifiable information in a variety of ways in the operation of the service and our business, such as:
VideoBIO Recruiter may use the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service, and personalize the Service for your preferences and interests. We may use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding content that you have posted to the Service. videoBIO Recruiter may use the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality. videoBIO Recruiter may now or in the future use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to:
- personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of application and evaluation activities;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of users, pages and media and features of the Service accessed, etc.; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status, including the ways in which you may interact with the Service.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personally Identifiable Information with videoBIO Recruiter, in which case videoBIO Recruiter may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information or other Personally Identifiable Information you may have provided by contacting videoBIO Recruiter at privacy@videoBIO.com.
Our data collection policy also complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which allows candidates:
- Right of Access: You may request to access your Personal Information and obtain access to a copy of Personal Information which is being collected.
- Right of Rectification: You may request to delete any data you submit.
- Right of Erasure: You may at any time withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information. In this case, if there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing of your Personal Information (e.g. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, etc.) and the Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will erase your data.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Information in a structured, commonly used format.
Please note that while your changes will be promptly reflected in active user databases, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to copies cached on their device, and we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. Further, derivative and analytical data derived from or based on the information you submit will be retained and may be used for all purposes.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information.
VideoBIO Recruiter may use non-Personally-Identifiable Information to assist such parties in understanding our anonymized users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services or functionality delivered through the Service, as well as to provide a variety of different analytics, such as success metrics, uniqueness scores for submitted materials, and other assessment and analytical results derived from the information you may submit to the Service.
VideoBIO Recruiter may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as Copyright law), or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity.
VideoBIO Recruiter also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability;
- to protect VideoBIO Recruiter and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity;
- to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations;
- to assist government enforcement agencies;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Service;
- or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of VideoBIO Recruiter, our users, or others.
The standard settings when using the videoBIO Recruiter platform for interviewing are as follows:
- 90 days hosting of video interviews
- Move to secured archive after 90 days or auto-delete file
- Store media responses with candidate ID code only for up to 6 years (no PII storage)
Depending on a variety of factors including but not limited to your location, the location of the Employer you may be interviewing or conducting training with or the location of the job you have or are interviewing for, the Service may be hosted in either Canada or the United States or the European Union. If you choose to use the Service from other regions of the world outside Canada or the United States or the EU, as applicable, where laws governing data collection and use may differ from Canada or U.S. or EU law, then please note that you are transferring your Personally Identifiable Information outside of those regions to Canada or the United States or European Union (as applicable) for storage and processing, and by providing your Personally Identifiable Information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Contact us at privacy@videoBIO.com regarding any questions or concerns.